The Power of Standardized Training and Verification
PowerSafe is the first integrated comprehensive training and verification
program for utility contractors.
PowerSafe was created by a unified group of utility companies and their contractor workforces to provide a proven system for quality standardized training, universally accepted badges, web accessible training records, and personnel verification.
Logistics of PowerSafe
PowerSafe can be delivered through the web to any participating entity. Training can be done in remote locations by mobile training labs or utilizing existing structures with internet access.
PowerSafe is administered by Safety Council, a 501 © (3) non-profit organization dedicated to improving safety in the workplace, community, and the home.
Safety Council has over 47 years experience providing contractor training, and already develops and administers similar programs for the petrochemical, oil refining, and offshore industries.
Utility companies and contractors that participate in the PowerSafe program also enjoy the specialized training created for specific work disciplines.
The Benefits of PowerSafe:
PowerSafe Core Competencies:
- Reduces the burden on contractors for training
- Provides secure and reliable records management
- Reduces time and expenses of safety training auditing by 75% or more
- Reduces time spent in training by up to 75%
- Provides students with badges that contain all training information in bar code form
- Enables utility companies to instantly verify training records on-site
1. General Safety
2. Job Safety Analysis/Job Briefings
3. Personal Protective Equipment
5. Hand and Power Tools
6. Electrical Safety
7. Traffic and Work Area Protection
8. Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Safety
9. UTV/ATV Safety
10. Material Handling
11. Walking and Working Surfaces
12. First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens
13. Heat Stress
14. Hazard Communication
16. Environmental Concerns
17. Emergency Response